A blocked toilet in Brisbane will often start out with the toilet making a gurgling sound when it is flushed. Or the water in the bowl may fill up higher than normal and then drain down really slowly. At this point a lot of people seem to adopt a ‘wait and see’ approach hoping the problems will just fix themselves.
Unfortunately in most cases these signs indicate that there is a problem and the toilet pipes are blocked. If left the problems usually get worse and you will find yourself in an emergency unable to use the toilet and sometimes the shower and sinks at all.
Symptoms Can Include
Other signs to look out for that indicates you have a blocked pipe and need a Brisbane plumber to unblock your toilet are:
- Smelly floor waste
- Water / sewer comes out the floor waste when the toilet is flushed
- Other bathroom fixtures (shower, vanity basin) also drain slowly
- Water / sewer overflows from an outside pipe that has a grate on top
What Causes a Blocked Toilet?
A toilet can become blocked by any of the following:
- Too much toilet paper being used in the toilet
- Flushable wipes being used in the toilet (although these products say they can be flushed down the toilet they do not break up easily and often build up or get caught in the toilet pipes)
- A toy or foreign object flushed down the toilet
- A broken or collapsed waste pipe
- Tree roots in the sewer pipe
What to Do if You Have a Blocked Toilet in Brisbane
If your toilet bowl is filling up with water, do not keep trying to flush the waste down. The septic water could overflow onto the floor, which is not very nice to clean up.
You could try using a plunger to clear the blockage; however, it may only be a temporary fix. If the blockage is more serious the problem will keep coming back. If the plunger doesn’t work and you want to solve the real cause of the blocked toilet find an experienced Brisbane plumber that works on blocked drains every day. They will know exactly how to fix your problem without wasting your time and money.
Call 0427 159 549
Blocked Toilets and Dunnies Brisbane
We also do build over sewer (BOS) inspections